Presentation of the Urban Geography and Planning Laboratory
The Department of Geography of the Aegean University will present the Urban Geography and Planning Laboratory.
The Urban Geography Laboratory (a division of Urban Geography and Planning Laboratory of the Geography Department, University of the Aegean) is an open interdisciplinary place of research and encounters. It undertakes research studies in areas of Urban Geography with the objective to understand better the world we live in. It focuses on the Mediterranean and European space and in Latin America. It follows critical antiracist geography perspectives of the urban and peri-urban space, contemporary urban changes, glocal (local-global) analyses of urban phenomena (like common goods and public space, urban sprawl, urban competition or solidarity, minority spaces, urban segregations, socio-spatial exclusion), urban and environmental studies, cultural urban approaches and comparative studies of phenomena in different cities as well as urban and regional social movements.
More information can be found here: https://aoratespoleis.geo.aegean.gr/
The presentation will focus on
– the recent book “Invisible struggles in a time of pandemic” made in collaboration with the Sociology Department of Puebla (Mexico),
– Lesvosatlas.gr and
– MIGRIMAGE EU project: Images of Migration at the Southern Border
The presentation will be held for the general public at Sappho Square
– Christy Petropoulou, Associate Professor, Aegean University, Department of Geography
- A new climate law in the Balearic Islands will protect the wellbeing of present and future generations – if such thing can be defined
- Don’t risk the health of your eyes this summer – how to correctly choose sunglasses and avoid swimming pool infections
- Meteor showers – it’s worth looking out for ‘shooting stars’ all year round