Amongst Women in Science
The exhibition Amongst Women in Science, produced by Seneca Foundation, is part of the MEDNIGHT project and offers its digital format to safely reach the thousands of visitors of the Researchers’ Night 2020.
Amongst Women In Science, highlights the life and work of 34 women who chose research as their profession. 34 scientists of international prestige, the vast majority of them still alive and active, all of them with current cutting-edge projects.
The online version of this exhibition is totally faithful to its physical printed format, which can be requested online at http://fseneca.es/entrecientificas/ , as it includes the complete texts (personal and professional biographies) and the portraits of the researchers that appear on the panels that make up the exhibition. It also includes the English version of these texts and a series of online resources (news, interviews, documentaries, etc.) that extend the information offered.
For the celebration of the MEDNIGHT, Seneca Foundation wants to focus in a special way on 9 of these 34 women: those who have done their “enormous” bit to Mediterranean science. We are talking about:
- Ada E. Yonath (Israel. Biochemistry)
- Pascale Cossart (France. Bacteriology)
- Geneviève Almouzni (Algeria. Genetics)
- Margarita Salas (Spain. Biochemistry and molecular biology)
- Fabiola Gianotti (Italy. Physics)
- Mara Dierssen (Spain. Neurobiology)
- María Blasco (Spain. Biology)
- Elena García Armada (Spain. Engineering)
- María Vallet Regí (Spain. Pharmacy)